Impact of Financial Contributions
- Approximately 6,000,000 people have been exposed to HTG colon cancer prevention messages through indirect contact (i.e. radio, TV, newspapers, internet, newsletters, posters, publications, etc.).
- An estimated 4,000 people have been exposed to HTG colon cancer prevention messages through direct contact via community outreach activities and events (i.e. presentations at health fairs, churches, community centers, Houston City Council, Chambers of Commerce, professional groups, corporations, etc.).
- Baseline colonoscopy screenings were provided to 156 people, valued at a minimum of $1,000 per person. Colon abnormalities were found in more than half of the group, including one diagnosis of stage III colon cancer.
- HTG offers intensive, interactive, educational workshops and colorectal cancer intake seminars on a quarterly basis.
- There is a full schedule of educational workshops for both insured and uninsured individuals.
Currently, we have a waiting list of candidates for colonoscopy screenings, which exceeds our capacity to serve. Lives would be saved if more individuals were informed about this disease and would take action to get screened for colon cancer prevention. Financial contributions allow HTG to help those in our community who need education and early screening for colorectal cancer.